Wrapping up the Best Practices
Congratulations on completing this best practices section of the guide!
You should now have a working real-world serverless app with:
- Resources exported and shared between services
- A single API endpoint shared between services
- With multiple environments configured across AWS accounts
- Resource names parameterized with the environment names
- Deployed in phases to the environments
- Secrets stored in SSM
- Tracing enabled in AWS X-Ray
And you should’ve stepped through the development workflow that we recommended!
The above setup and workflow is exactly what we, and a number of other companies are using in production. We hope that this gives you a good starting point for your projects!
We’d love to hear from you about your experience following this guide. Please fill out our survey or send us any comments or feedback you might have, via email. And please star our repo on GitHub, it really helps spread the word.
Also, if there are any other topics you’d like us to cover, please leave a comment in the discussion thread below!
Finally, if you’ve found this guide helpful, please consider sponsoring us on GitHub.
Thank you and we hope you found this guide helpful!
For help and discussionComments on this chapter